DOE Meteorological Coordinating Council (DMCC)
The DOE Meteorological Coordinating Council (DMCC) assists coordinating the operational meteorological programs at all DOE/National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) sites and encourages meteorological research to enhance these programs. In its coordinating function, DMCC encourages DOE/NNSA meteorological program managers and staff to share best practices and advances in the science to avoid duplication of effort. The DMCC was chartered in December 1994, and its membership includes representation from every DOE/NNSA site with an operational meteorological program. In April 2004, the DMCC program was integrated with other programs associated with the Emergency Management Issues Special Interest Group (EMI SIG). The DMCC mission is under the oversight of, and with sponsorship from, the DOE Office of Emergency Management and Policy (DOE/NA-41). The DOE Office of Environmental Policy and Assistance (DOE/HS-22) participates in DMCC activities and helps to support the DMCC Assist Visit Program.
About the DMCC Website
The DMCC website provides:
- A detailed overview of the objectives and methods used by the council;
- Reports from its annual meeting;
- Agendas and links to presentations for its annual meetings;
- Meeting notes from its regular teleconferences (typically five per year);
- Links to useful DOE meteorological websites; and
- Links to technical information, DMCC products, and key publications.
Many of the documents presented on the DMCC website are provides as PDF files. To view these files you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded free from the Adobe Support Site.