SCAPA’s annual meeting was held on May 5, 2005 in New Orleans, LA, in conjunction with the EMI SIG’s annual meeting (May 2-4). Highlights included:
- presentations on biosafety and a biosafety panel discussion
- new DOE software quality assurance requirements for safety and safety-related software and Hanford’s response to these new requirements
- consequence assessment modeling enhancements at Brookhaven and Sandia National Laboratories
- enhancements to NARAC
- the DOE response to the Graniteville, SC rail accident
- updates on work involving chemical health indicators (e.g., TEELs, HCNs)
- a tribute to the late Doan Hansen.
For more meeting information, read the comprehensive summary on the 2005 SCAPA meeting.
In addition to Thursday’s day-long SCAPA meeting, other key SCAPA activities conducted during the week included:
- a workshop on Chemical Protective Action Criteria
- a meeting of the NARAC DOE User’s Group meeting
- a meeting of the Consequence Assessment Modeling working group
- a meeting of the DOE Biosafety Officers with Dr. Jim Powers to discuss DOE’s new Emergency Management Guide
- a joint meeting of Chemical Exposure and Chemical Mixture Working Groups