How ORISE is making a difference in global health
Where we’re training...
ORISE is helping train health care providers across the U.S. and around the world. View the map (PDF, 198 KB) to see how we’re making a difference in health communication training.
Health Communication and Training
The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) collaborates with federal, state and local agencies to provide health communication and technical training programs to benefit industry professionals and the public.
ORISE works closely with these agencies to prepare for and address public health challenges resulting from pandemics (such as H1N1 influenza virus), large-scale disasters, terrorism and other national and international emergencies. We specifically focus our efforts on health communication planning, international and community workshops, media monitoring and social media messaging.
ORISE also specializes in audience- and multimedia-based approaches to health communication. These methods broaden the scope and reach of messages that address public health challenges, such as the spread of infectious diseases, chronic diseases, and other health threats.
How ORISE is Making a Difference
- ORISE to develop needs assessment plan to support CDC infectious disease initiative
- ORISE Supports CDC's Know:BRCA Education Initiative
- CDC Travelers' Health Team Receives Innovation Award for Website Redesign
- CDC Travelers' Health Mobile App, Designed by ORISE, Gains Attention on Multiple Websites
- Collaboration with the CDC yields Radiation Basics TrainingPartnership with NLM to Develop E-learning CoursesORAU Assists CDC in National HPV Immunization Campaign
- NHSPI™ Provides a Snapshot of Health Security Preparedness
- Message Testing for a Nuclear Detonation
- Nurse Triage Lines Support
- Virtual Community Reception Center
- Population Monitoring Guide
- HealthCommWorks Communication Tool
- Hospital All-Hazards Self-Assessment
- Medical Office Preparedness Planner
- Community Assessment Tool
- Consumer Health Resource Information Service (CHRIS) Guide
- Equal Access Initiative
- NLM HIV/AIDS Resources
- Spanish HIV/AIDS Manual
- How to Find Reliable HIV/AIDS Treatment Information on the Internet
- Radiological Terrorism Mass Casualties
- Education in Palliative and End-of-Life
Care for Oncology (EPEC™-O)
ORISE will design and carry out a needs assessment plan for the CDC's Advanced Molecular Detection and Response to Infectious Disease Outbreaks (AMD) initiative. Photo courtesy of the CDC
The CDC Division of Cancer Prevention and Control and Bright Pink received crucial support from ORISE in the development of the Know:BRCA clinical decision support tool that collects a detailed personal and family history of breast and ovarian cancer.
ORISE served as lead redesign contractor on Travelers' Health website, which has received the CDC Director's Award for Innovation.