As computer-based applications become increasingly popular for the delivery of health care training and information, the need for Web development in support of these tools continues to grow.
The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) provides Web development capabilities to government agencies and organizations interested in converting training and education programs based on traditional means of communication into a variety of tools that suit the technology skills of today's health care providers and patients.
ORISE develops Web-based training and informational products that expand the reach of targeted health messages to key audiences. Our specific capabilities include:
- Web applications development
- User experience testing
- Audience analysis and research
- 508 compliance and remediation
- Full design services
- Content development
- Audio/video production
- Mobile device support
- Avatar-based simulations
- Flash interactive
ORISE can take a Web project from conception to implementation and beyond using a careful management process that includes the following steps:
- Define: Together with our agency partners, ORISE carefully analyzes the scope of each project and helps identify what will best reach the intended audience.
- Design: Whether it’s a redesign or new site, our process includes rapid-prototyping and user testing that helps improve the site’s information architecture and user experience.
- Organize: ORISE can reshape existing content or create new content for the site. Emphasis is given to the development of plain language content with respect to audiences possessing varying levels of health literacy.
- Maintain: ORISE not only develops the site, but also provides maintenance and analytics that help agencies monitor effectiveness over the short- and long-term.
- Learn: Once the project is complete, we learn from our experience. What could we have done better, faster or more effectively?