Looking for the latest news about the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)? The ORISE Media Center offers an extensive collection of media resources, including news releases, photos, media contacts, links to ORISE publications, background information and videos.
July 3, 2014 - ORAU receives DOE small business award. Award recognizes ORAU's achievements with small business suppliers for work performed under ORISE contract.
June 18, 2014 - The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE), managed by ORAU for the Department of Energy, received a 2014 Federal Green Challenge award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for improving its water consumption levels and its electronic sustainability and recycling efforts in 2013 by the highest percentage increase compared to the previous year in the Southeast region.
ORISE report suggests foreign doctorate recipients routinely take regular employment in the U.S. after completing postdoctoral appointments
May 5, 2013 - The number of foreign doctorate students who remain in the U.S. after graduation has declined slightly over the past five to 10 years, but long-term stay rates indicate that nearly two-thirds of foreign doctorates are continuing to stay in the U.S.
ORAU-managed beryllium lab marks outstanding year in 2013 with zero test errors. Managed for DOE, lab personnel processed nearly 4,100 beryllium lymphocyte proliferation tests without a single error.
Number of health physics degrees granted in 2013 has increased for undergraduates, declined for graduates
Report shows the number of college students graduating with majors in health physics has increased slightly for bachelor’s degrees, but decreased for both master’s and doctoral candidates.
Multiple research appointments available through Agricultural Research Service Postdoctoral Research Program
ORAU and the U.S. Department of Agriculture are currently seeking recent doctoral degree recipients for various appointments in the Agricultural Research Service Postdoctoral Research Program.
ORAU and the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) are currently taking applications for the EERE Postdoctoral Research Awards. Applications are being accepted until April 30, 2014.
ORISE report shows the number of college students graduating with majors in nuclear engineering in 2013 continues to increase.
ORAU’s electronic peer review and evaluation system, PeerNet®, was used to support the selection of recipients for the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science Enrico Fermi Award.
New Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education book celebrates 20 years of impact on DOE’s mission and national agenda
New ORISE book celebrates 20 years of impact on DOE’s mission and national agenda. Book chronicles breadth and depth of impact through timeline and feature articles
Follow ORISE on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr
Stay in the know about ORISE news and happenings by following us on various social media outlets.
Twitter: Follow us at http://twitter.com/ORISEConnect or add us to your follow list using @ORISEConnect.
Facebook: You can keep up with the latest ORISE news on Facebook. Be sure to click the “Like” button when you visit ORISE on Facebook.
YouTube: Check out our video collection, share them with friends, or leave comments on ones you like on the ORISE YouTube channel.
Flickr: Browse a collection of ORISE event and program photos that are available for viewing on the ORAU-ORISE Flickr gallery. Please note that if you republish these images, credit must be given to the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education.
ORISE Fact Sheets
- ORISE Fact Sheet (PDF, 430 KB)
- Environmental Assessments and Health Physics Fact Sheet (PDF, 866 KB)
- Health Communication Fact Sheet (PDF, 340 KB)
- National Security and Emergency Management Fact Sheet (PDF, 600 KB)
- Radiation Emergency Medicine Fact Sheet (PDF, 400 KB)
- Science Education Fact Sheet (PDF, 325 KB)
- Scientific Peer Review Fact Sheet (PDF, 270 KB)
- Worker Health Studies Fact Sheet (PDF, 315 KB)
Communications Specialist, Communications
ORISE in the News
- Nuclear’s future still hard to interpret (Knoxnews.com Apr 9 2014)
- Tick Disease Expert (Tennessee Alumnus Magazine April 2014)
- ORAU-managed beryllium lab has zero test errors in 2013 (Oak Ridge Today Apr 8 2014)
- Mixed bag on future health physicists (KnoxBlogs.com Apr 6 2014)
- Error free in 2013 (KnoxBlogs.com Apr 6 2014)
- ORAU PeerNet used to support DOE’s Enrico Fermi Award selection (Oak Ridge Today Feb 16 2014)
- ORAU PeerNet® used to support DOE’s Office of Science Enrico Fermi Award selection (Yahoo! Finance Feb 5 2014)