How to Apply
The application period for the 2014 MLEF Program has now closed. Check back in October 2014 to apply for summer 2015. Thank you!
For more information, visit the DOE MLEF Application page.
To qualify for the program, students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a U.S. Citizen (proof of citizenship will be required, if selected)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be currently enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university (sophomore year or higher)
- Be able to participate for the full 10 weeks
- Application Period Opens - November 20, 2013
- Application Period Closes - January 15, 2014
- Applicant Eligibility Review - January 16 -31, 2014
- Sponsors/Mentor Interview - February 3-28, 2014
- Candidates Notified of Selection - March 3-31, 2014
- 2014 Internship Dates - June 2 to August 8, 2014
This is an equal opportunity program open to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, mental or physical ability, genetic information, sexual orientation or covered veteran's status.