The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents
The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents provides the basic information needed for the medical management of victims of radiation incidents in an easy-to-understand manner and is now available to attendees of REAC/TS courses in “pocket guide” form.
Among the topics discussed in The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents are:
- basic health physics and dose estimation (US and SI units)
- treatment of whole body and acute local irradiation issues
- assessment and treatment of internal contamination with radioactive materials
- patient decontamination
- delayed effects of exposure to ionizing radiation
- risk and psychological issues
The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents (PDF, 1.1 MB)
To view the PDF version, you must have the Adobe Reader (which is available free on the Adobe Web site) or the iBooks application.
The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents (iBook, 362 MB)
The iBooks version was designed for iPad and incorporates video to enhance the educational experience. Please note that some features may not work as intended with a mouse or trackpad. To view this book on an iPad, you must have iBooks 3 or later and iOS 5.1 or later. The iBooks version can also be downloaded and viewed on a Mac running OS X Mavericks with the iBooks application.