The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents
The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents provides the basic information needed for the medical management of victims of radiation incidents in an easy-to-understand manner and is now available to attendees of REAC/TS courses in “pocket guide” form.
It is also available in PDF format for free download. To view it, you must have the Adobe Reader, which is available free on the Adobe Web site.
- The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents (PDF, 1.1 MB)
Among the topics discussed in The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents are:
- basic health physics and dose estimation (US and SI units)
- treatment of whole body and acute local irradiation issues
- assessment and treatment of internal contamination with radioactive materials
- patient decontamination
- delayed effects of exposure to ionizing radiation
- risk and psychological issues