ALBERT LEE WILEY, JR. MD, PhD, FACR
Albert L. Wiley, Jr., BNE, MD, PhD is the Medical and Technical Director at REAC/TS and Head, WHO Collaborating Center at Oak Ridge. His professional career began as a Nuclear Engineer with a Bachelor of Nuclear Engineering and an AEC(ORINS) sponsored fellowship for nuclear engineering graduate studies at North Carolina State University. He worked in the nuclear industry prior to obtaining an MD degree from University of Rochester School of Medicine, and later a PhD in Radiological Sciences(radiobiology) from the University of Wisconsin Graduate School of Letters & Science.
He received residency training in Radiation Therapy & Nuclear Medicine at the University of Wisconsin Medical Center and at the Stanford University Medical Center in Palo Alto, Calif. He is currently Professor Emeritus at the Department of Radiology & Human Oncology at the University of Wisconsin – Madison and was, prior to coming to REAC/TS ,professor and chairman of the Department of Radiation Oncology, and Cancer Center interim Director at East Carolina University ,Greenville, NC. He has over 180 journal, book and abstract publications in radiation oncology, nuclear medicine ,radiobiology and radiation medicine .
He has served as consultant at the Chernobyl reactor site, at the US Embassy -Venezuela , to the NRC(Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards) ,the Dept. of Veteran's Affairs and the Los Alamos National Lab.
In recent years he has served as the medical team leader on NNSA sponsored training and exercises in Iraq, Kuwait , Korea, South Africa, Morocco, Vienna(IAEA),Argentina, Israel, Mexico ,Ukraine, Singapore and Japan.
He is also a retired member of the USN Reserve (retired).
Radiation Emergency Assistance Center/Training Site
Oak Ridge Associated Universities
Oak Ridge, TN 37831 (865-576-3131)
Colleges, Universities Graduated
North Carolina State University, 1954-1958
Bachelor of Nuclear Engineering
North Carolina State University, 1958-1959
Graduate School of Nuclear Engineering
University of Rochester School of Medicine, 1959-1963 Doctor of Medicine, June 7, 1963
University of Wisconsin Graduate School of Letters & Science, 1965-1972
Major Radiological Science,
Minor Nuclear Engineering
Ph.D., January 1972
Postgraduate Medical Training:
University of Wisconsin Medical Center,
1965-1968, Residency Training
Radiation Therapy & Nuclear Medicine
Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, California, 1964-1965
Residency Training in Radiation Therapy
University of Virginia Hospital, 1963-1964
Internship (Mixed Surgery & Medicine)
Medical Board Certifications:
Am. Board of
Radiology (Therapeutic Radiology) and Am Board of Nuclear Medicine.
Am Board Medical Physics (Medical Health Physics) and Am Board Science in Nuclear Medicine
Physician Senior, Radiation Emergency Assistance Center, Oak Ridge
Associated Universities (www.orau.gov/reacts),Oak Ridge,Tenn.(2002 - current)
Professor Emeritus, Dept. of Radiology and Human Oncology, Univ. Wisconsin-Madison (current.)
Interim Director, Leo W. Jenkins Cancer Center ofEast Carolina University, Greenville, NC (1/89-9/92)
Radiation Oncologist, Watson Clinics,Lakeland,Fla.(1993-2002)
Professor and Chairman, Department of Radiation Oncology, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC (1988-1993) and Clinical Professor(2001-2002)
Professional & Administrative Appointments
Associate Director & Clinical Director, Div. Of Radiation Oncology University ofWisconsin Medical Center-Madison, Wisconsin (1979-1982)
Assistant Professor of Radiotherapy and Assistant Radiotherapist, Department ofRadiotherapy, University ofTexas Medical Center, M.D. Anderson Hospital & Tumor Institute, Houston, TX (1972-1973)
Radiotherapist, U.S. Naval Hospital, San Diego, CA (1969-1970)
Medical Director, U.S. Naval Radiological Defense Laboratory, San Francisco, CA (1968-1969)
Instructor, lecturer (medical management ofnuclear accidents), Nuclear Weapons Training Center, Naval Air Station, Coronado, CA (1968-1970)
Nuclear Engineer, Nuclear Instruments Section, Lockheed Aircraft Corporation, Marietta, GA (1958)
Lt. Commander, U.S. Navy Reserve (Retired)
U.S. Naval Reserve Affiliation (Active & Inactive) 1959-1990)
Invited Visiting Professor (International)
University ofHelsinki, (Radiation Oncology) Helsinki, Finland, March 1979
De Norske Radiumhospital (Radiation Oncology) Oslo, Norway, April 1979
Honors and Honor Societies
Phillips Academy, Andover, MA Summer School Scholarship, 1953
Oak Ridge Institute of Nuclear Studies, Fellowship for Graduate Studies in Nuclear Engineering, 1958-1959 At North Carolina State University
Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society)
Selected as Fellow,
American College of Preventive Medicine, 1989
American College of Radiology, 1995
American College ofNuclear Medicine, 1997
Consultant / Advisor
Appointed by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to the U.S. Department of Veterans' Affairs Merit Review Board for Oncology (1990-93)
Wisconsin Gubernatorial Appointment by Governor T. Thompson to the Governor's Council on Biotechnology (1987-91) US Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards, 1981-82 Wisconsin Gubernatorial Appointment by Governor T. Thompson to the State of Wisconsin Radioactive Waste Review Board, 1987-1991
U.S. Energy Research and Development Administration, University of California Project, Meson Physics Facility, Los Alamos, New Mexico (Contract 825), 1971-1979 National Cancer Institute (NIH), numerous occasions, 1981-2000
Civic and Professional Organizations
American College of Radiology (Fellow, 1995)
American College of Preventive Medicine (Fellow)
Health Physics Society & American Academy of Health Physics
American College of Occupational Environmental Medicine
American Brachytherapy Society Association of Military Surgeons (Life Member)
American Medical Association and Soc.of Nuclear Medicine American Nuc1ear Society, 1977-Present
Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (Senior Member)
American College of Nuclear Medicine (Fellow)
Bibliography (selected from over170 publications):
1) Wiley, A.L., Cole, L.J.: 'Comparative Early and Late Effects of Fast Neutrons on X-rays Rapidly Labeled RNA Synthesis in Regenerating Mouse< liver." OAK RIDGE SYMPOSIUM ON NEUTRONS IN RADIOBIOLOGY, USAEC Conference, 691106: 462-479, 1969.
2) Yatvin, M.B., Mitchen, J.L., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Vogel, H. H: "Polyribosome Reduction and Recovery Following Neutron Exposure ofRegenerating Liver." BIOCHEM. BIOPHYS. ACTA, PP.536-539, 1969.
3) Boone, M.L.M, Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Growth Points in Radiotherapy", Proceedings of the Third International Conference on the Use of Computers in Radiotherapy, Glasgow, Scotland. BRIT. J. RADOL. SPECIAL REPORT, No. 5:129-133, 1971.
4) Boone, M.L.M, Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Fast Neutrons and Pi-Mesons in Cancer Therapy." THE INSTITUTE OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING TRANSACTIONS ON NUCLEAR SCIENCE, Vol. NS-18, No. 3:36-45, June , 1971.
5) Kelsey, C.A., Boone, M.L.M., Hevezi, J., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Spalek, G., Foresen, H., Winter, W.: "Gas Target Source for Fast Neutron Cancer Therapy." PROCEEDINGS OF THE AMERICAN NUCLEAR SOCIETY NAITONAL TOPICAL CONFERENCE ON NEWTRON SOURCES AND THEIR APPLICATIONS, Report Conf. 71042, Vol.11: 1971.
6) Kelsey, C.A., Boone, M.L.M., Hevezi, J., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Spalek,G.: "Gas Target Source for Neutron Radiation Therapy." RADIOLOGY 98: 686-688, 1971.
7) Stutz, A.J., Greenburg, A.J., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Gilbert, E.F., Oppenheimer, J.: "Burkitt's Lymphoma: The role of Radiotherapy." RADIOLOGY 104:379-384, 1972.
8) Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Automatic Recording of the Treatment Data." Proceedings of the Third International Conference on the Use of Computers in Radiotherapy, Glasgow, Scotland. BRIT.J.RADIOL. SPECIAL REPORT NO. 5158-159, 1971.
9) Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Ph.D. Thesis: Studies on Biochemical and Cellular Linear Energy Transfer (LET) Dependent Effects of Ionizing Radiation in Synchronous Mammalian Cell Systems." A Dissertation presented to the faculty of the University of Wisconsin Graduate School of Letters and Sciences (October 1971). The publication is on file at Madison Campus Library and at University microfilms, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
10) Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Is Fast Neutron Radiotherapy Simply a Test of the Oxygen Effect?" BRIT. J. RADIOL. 45:547, 1972.
11) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Vogel, H.H., Clifton, K. H.: "The Effect of Variations in Linear Energy Transfer (LET) and Cell Cycle on Radiation Hepatocarcinogenesis." RADIAT. RES 54:284-293, 1973.
12) Tolbert, D.D., Zagzebski, J.A., Banjavic, R., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Quantitation of Tumor Volume and Response to Therapy with Ultra sound B Scans." RADIOOGY 13:705-707, 1974.
13) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wirtanen, G.W., Wu, J.P., Jaeschke, W., Ansfield, F.J., Ramirez, G., Davis, H.L.: "The Treatment of Osteogenic Sarcoma with combined Intra-arterial Actinomycin-D and Radiotherapy." ANNALS CLIN. RES. 6:330-337, 1974.
14) Banjavic, R.A., Zagzebski, J. A, Wiley, A.L., Jr., Tolbert, D.D.: "A Projection System for Effective Utilization of Ultrasound Echogram Information in Radiation Therapy." RADIOLOGY 116:731-733, 1975.
15) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Zagzebski, J.A., Tolbert, D.D., Banjavic, R.A.: "Ultrasound B-Scans for Clinical Evaluation of Neoplastic Neck Nodes." ARCH. OTOLARYNGOL. 102:509-551, 1975.
16) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wirtanen, G.W., Joo, P., Ansfield, F.J., Ramirez, G., Davis, H., Vermund, H.: "Clinical and Theoretical Aspects of the Treatment of Retroperitoneal Malignancy with Combined Intra-arterial Actinomycin-D and Radiotherapy." CANCER36:107-122, 1975.
17) Wiley, A.Land Radiation Therapy." For surgically Unresectable Hypernephroma." J. UROL. 114-198-210, 1975. ., Jr., Wirtanen, G.W., Ansfield, F.J., Ramirez, G.: "Combined Intra-arterial Actinomycin-D
18) Harrison, J., Myers, M. Wiley, A.L., Jr., Vermund, H.: "Management of Wilms" Tumor with Particular Emphasis on Combination Treatment with Radiation, Actinomycin-D and Vincristine." INT. J. RADIAT. ONCOL. BIOL. PHYS. 1:227-234, 1976.
19) Lo, T.C.M, Wiley, A.L., Jr., Gollin, F.F., Ansfield, F.J., Brandenburg, J.H., Davis, H., Johnson, R.O., Ramirez F.: "Combined Radiation Therapy and 5-Fluorouracil for Advanced Squamous cell Carcinoma of the Oral Cavity and Oropharynx: A Randomized Study." AM. J. ROENTGENOL. 126:229-235, 1976.
20) Zagzebski, J.A., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Tolbert, D.D., Banjavic, R.A.: "Ultrasound B Scanning for Radiation Therapy Planning and Follow-up of Superficial Tumors." INT. J. RADIAT. ONCOL. BIOL. PHYS. 2:715-722, 1977.
21) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wirtanen, G.W., Holden, J.E., Polcyn, R. E.: "Utilization of a Selective Tumor Artery Catheterization Technique for the Intra-arterial Delivery of Chemotherapeutic Agents and Radiopharmaceuticals in a Combined Chemotherapeutic Radiotherapy Clinical Research Program." RADIOBIOLOGICAL RESEARCH AND RADIOTHERAPY, Vol.1, pp.389-412, International Atomic Energy Agency, Publication No. ISBN 92-0010377-4, Vienna, 1977.
22) Banjavic, R.A., Zagzebski, J. A, Tolbert, D.D., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "A Computer Operating System for Effective Utilization of Ultrasound B Scan Information in Radiation Oncology." ULTRASOUND IN MEDICINE, Vol. 3A, 1977; Edited by Denis white and Ross E. Brown, Plenum Publishing Corp., New York.
23) Paliwal, B.R., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wessels, B.W., Choi, M.C.: "Magnetic Modification of Electron Beam Dose Distributions in Inhomogeneous Media." MED. PHYS. 5(5): 404-408, September 1978.
24) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Nickles, J.R., Wessels, B.W., Lieberman, L. M.: "Preliminary Clinical Imaging Studies with 18F-5-Flourouracil." NUCLEAR MEDICINE, STATE OF THE ART AND FUTURE. F.K. Schattauer, Stuttgart, Publisher, pp. 207-211, 1978.
25) DoPico,G., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Rao, P., Dickie, H.: "Pulmonary Reaction to Upper Mantel Radiation Therapy for Hodgkin's Disease." CHEST 75:688-692, 1979.
26) Paliwal, B.R., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Modification of Electron Beam Dose Distributions Using a Magnetic Field." ACTA RADIOLOGICAONCOLOGY 18:57-64.1979.
27) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Brandenburg, J.H., Ramirez, G., Johnson, R.O., Lieberman, L., Vermund, H.: "Treatment of Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Base of Tongue with Combined Radiation Therapy and 5-Fluorouracil-Optimization with 18F-5-FU." ACTA RADIOLOGICAL ONCOLOGY 18:235-243, 1979.
28) Paliwal, B.R., PoCheng, C., Greenberg, A., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "A Technique to Improve the Homogeneity of Electron Dose Distributions in Chest Wall Irradiation." INT. J. RADIAT. ONCOL. BIOL. PHYS. 5:1889-1892, NO. 10, 1079.
29) Kan, W.S., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wirtanen, G.W., Lange, T.A., Moran, P.R., Cashwell, R. J.: "Detection and Quantitation of High Z Elements in Human Sarcomata by Multi-Energy Computerized Tomographic Scanning and Neutron Activation Analysis." AM.J. ROENTGENOL.135:123-129, July, 1980.
30) Lieberman, L.M., Wessels, B.W., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Gatley, J., Nickles, J., Wolberg, W.H., Bodgen, A. E.: "8F-5-Flourouracil Studies in Animals and Humans." INT. J. RADIAT. ONCOL. BIOL. PHYS. 6:505-509, 1980.
31) Ramirez, G., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wirtanen, G.W., Davis, T. E.: "A Combined Modality Approach to the Treatment of Unresectable Carcinoma of the Pancreas." PROCEEDINGS OF THE CONGRESS ON DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF UPPER GASTROINTESTINAL TUMORS, EXCERPTA MEDICA, Eds., pp101-107, 1980.
32) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wirtanen, G. W., Davis, T. E., Ramirez, G., Davis, H.L., Wolberg, W.H., Johnson, R.O., Crowley, J.J., Carbone, P.P.: "Treatment of Unresectable Carcinoma of the Pancreas with a combination of Precision Radiation Therapy and Selective, Intra-arterial Fluorouracil." PANCREATIC CANCER: NEW DIRECTION IN THERAPY MANAGEMENT, Masson Publishing Co., New York, 1981.
33) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wirtanen, G. W.: "The Role of Computerized Tomography in Staging and Radiotherapy Treatment Planning for Gastrointestinal Malignancies." COMPUTERIZED TOMOGRAPHIC SCANNERS IN RADIOTHERAPY, BRIT. J. RADIOL. SUPPL.SUPPL. 15:44-47, 1981.
34) Mohiuddin, M., Kramer, S., Newall, J., Parsons, J., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Combined Pre-and Postoperative Adjuvant Radiotherapy for Bladder Cancer: Results of RTOG/Jefferson Study." Cancer 47:2840-2843.
35) Vermund, H., Brennhovd, I.O., Harvei, S., Kaalhus, O., Poppe, E., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Carcinoma of the Tongue in Norway and Wisconsin: Incidence and Prognosis Related to Sex and Age." Part I., ACTA RADIOLOGICAL ONOCOLOGY 21: Fasc. J., pp. 155-168, 1982.
36) Paliwal, B.R., Gibbs, F., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Heating Patterns Induced by 13.56 MHz Radio-Frequency "Magnetrobe" in Large Phantoms and Pig Abdomen and Thorax." INT. J. RADIAT. ONCOL. BIOL. PHYS. 8:857-864, 1982.
37) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wirtanen, G. W., Chien, I. -C., Censullo, R.P., Nickles, R.J.: "Essential Developmental Needs of Clinical Monitoring Technologies for the Optimal Integration of Combined therapies." WORLD CONGRESS ON MEDICAL PHYICS AND BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING PROCEEDINGS, Hamburg, Germany, 1982.
38) Vermund, H., Brennhovd, I.O., Harvei, S., Kaalhus, O., Poppe, E., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Carcinoma of the Tongue in Norway and Wisconsin Part II: Influence of Site and Clinical Stage on Local Control of the Tumor." ACTA RADIOLOGICAL ONCOLOGY 21:209-216, 1982.
39) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wirtanen, G. W., Chien, I. -C.: "Utilization of Special Computerized Tomography and Nuclear Medicine Techniques for Quality Control and for the Optimization of Combined Precision Chemotherapy and Precision Radiation Therapy (Presented at the at the NATO Advanced Study Institute, Castelvecchic Pascoli, Italy, October14, 1981.) In: DIAGONSTIC IMAGING IN MEDICINE, E. Reba, Goodenough and Davidson, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, NATO-ASI Series, ISBN 90-247-2798-7, pp. 574-589, 1982.
40) Mohiuddin, M., Kramer, S., Newall, J., Parson, J., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Strong, G., Mulholland, S. G.: "Combined Preoperative and Postoperative Radiation for Bladder Cancer: Results of RTOG/Jefferson Study." Cancer 55:963-966, 1985.
41) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wirtanen, G, W., Menta, M., Ramirez, G., Shahabi, S.: "The Treatment of Probable Subclinical Liver Metastases and Gross Pancreatic Carcinoma with Hepatic Artery 5-Flurorouracil Infusion and Radiation Therapy. ACTA ONCOLOGICA 27 (1988).
42) Wirtanen, G, W., Stephenson, J. A., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Primary Mediastinal Malignant Teratoma (Treatment with Intra-arterial IUDR and Radiation)" CANCER Vol.63, pp. 1023-25, 1989.
43) Shahabi, S., Mehta, M., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Thomasdsen, B.R., Olson, M. "The Role of Computed Tomography in Dosimetric Evaluation of Endobronchial Implants – Endocurietherapy/Hyperthermia Oncology, July, 1988, 4:187-191.
44) Murray, J.L., Wiley, A.L., Jr. (17 authors), "Phase I on Biotechnology," Wisconsin Department of Development, Madison, Wisconsin, November 1988.
45) Wirtanen, G.W., Stephenson, J. A., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Primary Mediastinal Malignant Teratoma," CANCER, 63: 1823-25, 1989.
46) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wirtanen, G, W., Stephenson, J. A., Ramirez, G.: "Combined Hepatic Artery 5-Fluorouracil and Irradiation of Liver Metastases: A Randomized Study." CANCER 64:1783-89, 1989.
47) Stephenson, J. A., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Wirtanen, G.W., Ramirez, G.: "Regional Therapy of Hepatic Metastases: Prognostic Factors." PROGRESS IN REGIONAL CANCER THERAPY, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (Book Chapter) pp. 64-69, 1990.
48) Shahabi, S., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Olsen, K., Vainio, P. A.: "Computerized Tomography for the 3-Dimensional Optimization of Pelvic Interstitial Implants." Endocurietherapy/Hyperthermia Onocolgy, Jan1990, 6:47-52.
49) Vermund, H., Boysen, M., Brandenberg, J. , Evensen, J., Jacobsen, A., Kaalhus, O. Tauejo, J., and Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Primary Irradiation, Surgery or Combined Therapy in Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Larynx." ACTA Oncologica. 29 Fasc. 4:489-503. 1990.
50) Wirtanen, G.W., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Vermund, H., Stephenson, J. A.: "Intra-arterial Iododeoxyuricine Infusion Combined with Irradiation." Am, J. of Clinical Oncology 13(4): 320-323, 1990.
51) Persson, B.R., and Wiley, A.L, Jr.: "Environment Health Aspects of Ionizing and Non-Ionizing and Non-Ionizing Radiations (With Special Reference to Chernobyl, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Electrical Fields)." In: THE METABOLIC AND MOLECULAR BASIS OF AQUIRED DISEASE, Chapter 21, Vol. I, pp. 423-442, Bailliere Tyndall, Publishers, London, September 1990.
52) Bast, R.C., Jr., Capizzi, R.L., Pagano, J.S., and Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Insurance Coverage of Screening Mammography and Pap Smears." North Carolina Medical Journal, Vol. 52, No.10, pp. 496-498, October 1991.
53) Lee, T.K., Blackburn, L.D., Horner, R. D., Silverman, J. F., and Wiley, A. L., Jr.: "The Effects of Tissue Disaggregation Methods on the Clonogenecity of Solid Human Tumor Cells." Chinese Medical Journal, 105:126-131, Feb.1992.
54) Lee, T.K., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Esinhart, J.D., and Blackburn, L.D.: Radiation Dose Dependent Variations of Micronuclei Production in Cytochalazin B Blocked Human Lymphocytes." Teratogensis Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis 14: 1-12 (1994).
55) Lee, T.K., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Esinhart, J.D., Riley, R.S., and Ross, W.: "Variations Associated With Disaggregation Methods in DNA Flow Cytometry." Analytical and Quantative Cytology and Histology, Vol. 15, No.3, 1993.
56) Lee, T.K., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Means, J.A., Esinhart, J.D., Means, J. A.: "Frequencies of Micronuclei in Human Lymphocyte: Comparison Between HealthyDonors and cancer Patients and Their Virto Response to Ionizing Radiation." Radiation Oncology Investigations Vol. 1, 148-152, 1993.
57) Murray, RL, Nuclear Energy Textbook (Wiley, A.L., Jr. was acknowledged for contributing to the nuclear medicine parts of Chapter 18), 4th Edition, Pergamon Press, 1993, p.220-235.
58) Lee, T.K., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Biggs, L., Means, J. A.: "Preservation of Cytoplasm in the Human Lymphocytes Micronucleus Assay." Mutagenesis 1994, 9:559-562.
59) Lee, T.K., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Blackburn, L.D.: "The Effect of Adjunct Hyperthermia on the Cesium-137-Induced Micronuclei in HT29 Cell." Endocurietherapy/Hyperthermia Oncology 1995, 11:31-35.
60) Lee, T.K., Johnson, J., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Means, J.A.: "Assessment of two protocols for the human lymphocyte cytokinesis-blocked micronucleus assay." Mutagenesis 1995 10:375-377.
61) Lee, T.K., Wiley, A.L., Jr., Biggs, L., Means, J. A.: "Correlation of 137CS-induced Micronuclei with Survival Fraction in Human HT29 Cancer Cells. Chinese Medical Journal, 109 (3): 247 (1996).
62) Stephenson, J.A., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "3-Dimesional CT Simulation and Radiation Treatment." Polk County Medical Journal, August 1994.
63) Stephenson, J.A., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Current Techniques in Three Dimensional CT Simulation and Radiation Treatment Planning." Oncology Vol.9, #11, pg. 1225-36, 1995.
64) Vermund, H., Alqaisi, M., Chenier, T., Christie, K., Semer, D., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Interstitial and Intracavitary Brachytherapy in Carcinoma of the Uterine Cervix." Endocurie Therapy/Hyperthermia Oncology, 11:43-55, 1995.
65) Lee, T.K., O'Brien, K.F., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Reliability of Capillary Blood in Clinical Monitoring of Radiation Exposure by Lymphocyte Micronucleus Assay." (Accepted by Mutagemesis, 1996).
66) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Stephenson, J., "3-D Virtual Pelvic Simulation and Dosimetry of the Fletcher Applicator." Cancer of the Cervix by Shingleton, H.M., and Orr, J.W., Lippincott Publishing Co., Philadelphia, p.167-68 and 8.9 (Color Photos).
67) Vermund, H., Boysen, M., Brandenberg, J., Evensen, J., Hannisdale, E., Jacobsen, A., Tausjo, J., Wiley, A.L., Jr., and Winther, F.: "Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Suproglottic Larynx, 27 years experience at the University of Wisconsin and Norwegian Radium Hospital (submitted to CANCER).
68) Wiley, A.L., Jr., Lee, T.K.: "A Clinical Assay for Quantitating Systemic T-Lymphocyte Damage From Pelvic Radiotherapy: Possible Relevance to Conformal Therapy and Brachytherapy." Endocurietherapy/Hyperthermia Oncology, 12:1-6, 1996.
69) Lee, T.K., O'Brien, K., Christie, K., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "EFFECT OF EXTERNAL HYPERTHERMIA CN RADIATION-INDUCED MICRONUCLEI IN LYMPHOCYTES CF CANCER PATIENTS." Mutagenesis Research, 2662 (1998) Elshier Pubs.
70) Vermund, H., Boysen, M.,Tusj, J., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Survival of Patients with Squamous Carcinoma of Supra Glotic Larynx – 35 Years Experience with Radiotherapy at Radium Hospital (Norway) and University of Wisconsin (U.S.A.)." ACTA ONCOLOGICA, 38:961-968, 1999, (Vol. 7).
71) Lee, T.K., O'Brien, K.F., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Micronuclei in Lympholytes of Prostate Cancer Patients Undergoing Radiation Therapy." Mutation Research (In Press, 2000).
72) Vermund, H., Povis, W., Youngblood, C., Wiley, A.L., "Treatment of Esoplogene Carcinoma with Combined Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy and Surgery: East Carolina University Experience."(Accepted-ACTA ONO.), 2001.
73) Lee, T.K., O'Brien, K.F., Allison, R., Karlsson, U., Wiley, A.L., Jr.: "Post Radiotherapy Persistence of Micronuclei in Lymphocytes of Cancer Patients." (Accepted for Publication in Radiation Research).
74) Lee, T.K., O'Brien, K.F., Wiley, A.L., Jr, Means, J., Karlsson , U.: " Reliability of Finger Stick Capillary Blood for the Lymphocyte Micronucleus Assay." Mutagenesis, Vol. 12, no.2, pp.79-81, 1997.
75) Berger, M.E., Leonard, R.B., Ricks, R.C., Wiley, A. L., Jr., Lowry, P.: "Hospital Triage During First 24 Hours After a Nuclear Catastrophe." Submitted to JAMA (2003).
76) Carr, Zhanat; Perez, Maria del Rosario; Akashi, Makoto, Gent, Robert N., Wiley, Albert, …………… : "Triage, Monitoring and Treatment Handbook: guidelines for treatment and long-term follow up of people exposed to radiation after a malevolent act To be published by World Health Organization, Geneva, Switerzland).
77) Alexander, George A., Swartz, Harold M., Amundson, Blakely, William F., Buddemeier, Brooke, Gallez, Bernard, Dainiak, Nicholas, Goans, Ronald E., Wiley, Albert, Jr., Wilkins, Ruth…………..: BiodosEPR-2006 Meeting: Acute dosimetry consensus committee recommendations on biodosimetry applications in events involving uses radiation by terrorist and radiation accidents. 2007 Elsevier Ltd., ISSN 1350-4487,Volume 42 Nos. 6-7, July-August 2007
78) Christensen, Doran M., Sugarman, Steve, Garrett, Seaton A., Jones, Otis W., Wiley, Albert L., Jr. , "A PRACTICAL BASIS FOR EARLY MANAGEMENT OF RADIOLOGICALLY INJURED OR ILL PATEINTS: IONIZING RADIATION PHYSICS AND INSTRUMENTATION, RADIATION PROTECTION CONTAMINAITON CONTROL, DOSIMETRY, AND RADIOLOGICAL/NUCLAR (R/N) TERRORISM". McGraw Hill Medical.
79) Hatchett, Richard J., Jarrett, David, Pellmar, Terry C., ………….Wiley, Albert L., Jr: "RADIOLOGICAL/NUCLEAR THREAT COUNTERMEASURES WORKING GROUP". Final Report, 22 September 2003.
80) Blakely, W., ………….Wiley, A.: " Joint Interagency Working Group (JIWG), 2005. Technology assessment and roadmap for Emergency Radiation Dose Assessment Program. UCRL-TR-215887, Department of Homeland Security.