HEAD OF LABORATORY
After receiving his MS and PhD in Radiobiology and Radiopathology, Dr. Benderitter later became the Head of the Laboratory of Radiopathology at the Institut de Radioprotection et de Sureté Nucléaire (IRSN) in France. Since 2009, he has been Head of the Laboratory of Radiopathology & Stem Cell Therapy at the IRSN. He is president of the International Association of Radiopathology (IAR) and is a permanent member of the French delegation to the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR). He is also a member of the Radiation Emergency Medical Preparedness & Assistance Network (REMPAN) of the World Health Organization (WHO).
Institut de Radioprotection et de Sureté Nucléaire
Since 2009: Head of the Laboratory of Radio-pathology and Stem cell therapy – IRSN.
2002-2008: Head of the Laboratory of Radiopathology – IRSN.
1995: Research position in the Laboratory of Biological Dosimetry – CEA/IPSN.
1999: French Habilitation to Coordinate Research in Molecular Biology.
1995: Ph.D. in Pathophysiology-Pharmacology.
R&D in radio-pathology and stem cell therapy
- 50 scientific publications in peer-review journals, 2 patterns, reviewing of 20 PhD.
- Scientific leader of WP4, european contract Multibiodose (FP7, 2010).
- Contributor of Bio-émergence contract (ANR, 2010) - Use of gingival fibroblast in the treatment of radiological burns
- Coordinator of DGA contract (2009) - Stem cell therapy of radiological burns-.
- Contributor of ANR contract (2010) - Chemrepair .
- Coordinator of research program sponsorized by Edf (2010).
- Contributor of EPOPA clinical study - medical and scientific follow-up of the overexposed patient from Epinal for a prostate cancer (2009).
Areas of expertise
Expert in Medical Radioprotection for the Radiotherapy accident of Epinal: "Mission d'évaluation des pathologies radio-induites et proposition d'actions thérapeutiques (DRPH/2006-08)", "Stereotaxic radiosurgery accident of Toulouse : Evaluation dosimétrique et clinique, analyse de risque (DRPH/2008-3)", "Dose reconstitution in interventional neuroradiology of the hospital of Strasbourg : Propositions pour une optimisation des doses délivrées en radiologie interventionnelle (DRPH/2009-1)".
Expert in Radiopathology for the medical management of the radiological accidents of Chile-2006, Belgium-2007, Senegal-2007, Tunisia-2008, Ecuador-2009, Venezuela-2010, Gabon-2010, Bulgaria-2011.
- IAEA (Tunisia, Austria, Ecuador, Serbia, Belgium, Sweden, England) - Radiation emergency medicine, medical countermeasures against RN emergencies.
- Master of Institut national des sciences et techniques nucléaires – Radiobiology and Radiopathology
- European Master of the University J Fourrier, Grenoble - Radiobiology and Radiopathology
Expert in Radiopathology
- President of the International Association of Radiopathology (IAR)
- Permanent member of the French delegation in the UNSCEAR
- Member of the REMPAM network, WHO
- Member of the scientific comity of the radioprotection council, EDF
- Member of the scientific comity of the French society of radioprotection