Research Project Description
Laboratory Technology Program - Carbon Fiber Technology Facility
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Oak Ridge, TN
Lab Tech-Carbon Fiber
The Laboratory Technology Program provides opportunities for qualified STEM undergraduate students and recent associate and baccalaureate graduates to receive hands-on technical training in a real-world setting that will prepare them to become part of ORNL's future workforce in areas of critical need.
This program is recruiting RSCC AMTEC students/graduates to work as technicians in a factory-type setting, specifically in the Carbon Fiber industry.
Duration: Full-time temporary appointment up to one year, renewable up to an additional year.
Deadline (s): Applications accepted thru April 2012; selections will be made by late May or early June 2012.
Benefits: Stipend based on academic level or degree; benefits of full-time temporary employees of Oak Ridge Associated Universities.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident (LPR)
- Must be enrolled, completed or have been accepted into the AMTEC program at Roane State Community College
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be eligible to receive a badge for access to the ORNL reservation
- Must pass drug screening and complete background check thru pre-employment process with ORAU
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be able to walk for several hours and able to move up to 40 pounds
- Males born on or after Jan 1st, 1960 must provide proof of Selective Service registration
- Military experience a plus
How to Apply:
Complete on-line application.