Research Project Description
Division of Pharmaceutical Analysis
Office of Pharmaceutical Science
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
U.S. Food and Drug Administration
St. Louis, MO
A fellowship opportunity is currently available in the Division of Pharmaceutical Analysis (DPA) within the Office of Pharmaceutical Science (OPS) at the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in St. Louis, Missouri.
Under the guidance of a mentor, the selected participant will focus on enhancing the safety and quality of incoming excipients and raw materials through spectral-correlation-based identification tests. S/he may be involved in developing spectroscopic methods for rapid analysis of pharmaceutical materials using chemometric calibration, spectral libraries and portable spectrometers.
The Research Participation Program for FDA is administered by the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE). The initial appointment is for one year, but may be renewed upon recommendation of FDA contingent on the availability of funds. The participant will receive a monthly stipend depending on educational level and experience. The participant must show proof of health insurance. The appointment is full-time at FDA in the St. Louis, Missouri, area. Participants do not become employees of FDA or the program administrator, and there are no fringe benefits paid.
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral degree in physical sciences or engineering received within the last five years.
- Experience with Raman, NIR or FTIR spectroscopy is preferred.
- Experience in developing chemometric methods, programming in MATLAB or Visual Basic, and working with databases is desired
How to Apply:
To be considered, please send a current CV/resume to the attention of FDArpp@orau.org. Please reference FDA-CDER-2014-0025 in all communications.
Current Research Opportunities
- Transportation Greenhouse Gas Data and Public Information
- Economic Analysis in Support of Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Regulations
- Modeling and Analyzing Impacts of Particulate Matter on Convective Clouds
- Modeling and Analyzing Convective Clouds Across Scales
- Modeling and Analyzing Convective Clouds Impacts on Air Pollutants