Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
The following articles have been recently published by researchers at the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE). These articles represent a subset of ORISE occupational exposure and worker health publications. A complete list of published articles, papers, chapters and abstracts of presented papers can be obtained upon request.
- Stange B, McInerney J, Golden A, Benade W, Neill B, Mayer A, Witter R, Tenney L, Stinson K, Cragle D, and Newman LS.
Integrated approach to health screenings of former Department of Energy workers detects both occupational and non-occupational illness. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 2015.
- Boice JD Jr, Cohen SS, Mumma MT, Ellis ED, Cragle DL, Eckerman KF, Wallace PW, Chadda B, Sonderman JS, Wiggs LD, Richter BS, and Leggett RW. Mortality among Mound workers exposed to Polonium-210 and other sources of radiation, 1944-1979. Radiation Research 181:208-228, 2014.
- Nichols GP, Cragle DL, and Benitez. Medical screening after a coal fly ash spill in Roane county, Tennessee. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness, 2014.
- Richter BS, Watkins JP, Ellis ED, Cragle DL, and Girardi DJ
Illness absences among beryllium sensitized workers.
American Journal of Public Health, 2014.
- Ellis ED, Watkins J, Tankersley W, Phillips J, and Girardi D. Occupational exposure and mortality among workers at three titanium dioxide plants. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 56:282-291, 2013.
- Ellis ED, Watkins JP, Tankersley WG, Phillips JA, Girardi DJ. Occupational exposure and mortality among workers at three titanium dioxide plants. American Journal of Industrial Medicine,2012.
- Van Dyke MV, Martyny JW, Mroz MM, Silveira LJ, Strand M, Cragle DL, Tankersley WG, Wells SM, Newman LS, and Maier LA. Exposure and genetics increase risk of beryllium sensitisation and chronic beryllium disease in the nuclear weapons industry. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 68:842-848, 2011.
- Boice JD, Cohen SS, Mumma MT, Ellis ED, Eckerman KF, Legett RW, Boecker BB, Brill AB, and Henderson B. Updated mortality analysis of radiation workers at Rocketdyne (Atomics International), 1948-2008. Radiation Research 176:244-258, 2011.
- Ellis ED, Watkins J, Tankersley W, Phillips J, and Girardi D.
Mortality among titanium dioxide workers at three DuPont plants.
Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 52(3):303-309, 2010.
- Tirmarche M, Harrison JD, Pacquet F, Blettner M, Laurier D, Shilnikova N, Blanchondon E, Lecomte JF, Sokolnikov M, Ellis E, and Marsh JW. Assessment and control of lung cancer risk from radon. Annals of the ICRP, 2010.