Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
The following articles/abstracts have been recently published by researchers at the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE). These articles represent a subset of ORISE occupational exposure and worker health publications. A complete list of published articles, papers, chapters and abstracts of presented papers can be obtained upon request.
The articles are listed in PubMed, the National Library of Medicine’s online database of citations from biomedical literature. All links will take you directly to the article citation in PubMed. If a journal provides online access to its articles, then the PubMed citation will link to the journal article.
- Frome, E.L., Cragle, D.L., Watkins, J., Wing, S., Shy, S., Tankersley, W., West, C. A Mortality Study of Employees of the Nuclear Industry in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Radiation Research. 1997. 148:64-80.
- Henn, Scott A., Utterback, David F.; Waters, Kathleen; Markey, Andrea M.; and Tankersley, William G. Task- and Time-Dependent Weighting Factors in a Retrospective Exposure Assessment of Chemical Laboratory Workers. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene. 2007. 4:71-79.
- Falk, Roger B., Daugherty, Nancy M.; Aldrich, Joe M.; Furman, F. Joseph; Hilmas, Duane E. Application of Multi-compartment Wound Models to Plutonium-Contaminated Wounds Incurred by Former Workers at Rocky Flats, Health Physics. 2006. 91(2):128-143.
- Stange, Arthur W., F. Joseph Furman, and Duane E. Hilmas. “The Beryllium Lymphocyte Proliferation Test: Relevant Issues in Beryllium Health Surveillance.” American Journal of Industrial Medicine. 2004. 46(5): 453-462.
- Frome E.L., Newman L.S., Cragle D.L., Colyer S.P., Wambach P.F., Identification of an abnormal beryllium lymphocyte proliferation test. Toxicology. 2003 Jun 10. 188(2-3):335-6.
- Stange A.W., Hilmas D.E., Furman F.J., Gatliffe T.R. Beryllium sensitization and chronic beryllium disease at a former nuclear weapons facility, Appl Occup Environ Hyg. 2001 Mar. 16(3):405-17.
- Frome, E.L., Smith, M.H., Littlefield, L.G., Neubert, R.L., Colyer, S.P. Statistical Methods for the Blood Beryllium Lymphocyte Proliferation Test. Environ Health Perspect. 1996 Oct. 104S(5):957-68.
- Toohey, R.E. Internal dose assessment in radiation accidents. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2003. 105(1-4):329-31.
- Toohey, R.E. Excretion of depleted uranium by Gulf War veterans. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2003. 105(1-4):171-4.