Robotics Summer Internships
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) Robotics Internship Program provides opportunities for students and recent graduates to intern at DOE national laboratories. Internships will last for 10 consecutive weeks from May to September at a DOE national laboratory. You will be mentored by and research alongside DOE scientists and subject matter experts, developing long-term relationships between yourself, researchers and others at your hosting laboratory.
Project assignments will involve technologies used to develop machines that can substitute for humans and replicate human actions automatically. Examples of potential project assignments include:
- Programming for a system that has sensing, acting, and/or communicating.
- Designing and/or fabricating structural aspects of a robotic system or improvements to one.
- Integrating sensors or exploring the integration of sensors to a system so that it can be made more robotic or smart.
- Adding actuation or functional capability to a system so that it can improve its ability level of action.
- Enhancing the human/machine interface to improve the communication with a system employing robotic technologies.
- Designing experiments that involve robotic technologies at some level of sophistication.
- Exploring ways to make traditionally “dumb” systems more “smart” with robotic characteristics. i.e. smart homes, smart buildings, smart products, etc.
2024 EERE AMMTO Summer Internships are postponed until further notice.