Looking for the latest news about the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)? The ORISE Media Center offers an extensive collection of media resources, including news releases, photos, media contacts, links to ORISE publications, background information and videos.
DOE Office of Energy Policy and Systems Analysis is seeking a postgraduate to research clean energy innovation and deployment in Washington, D.C. office
Nov. 19, 2015 - The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Energy Policy and Systems Analysis is seeking a researcher to conduct strategic analysis on programs, industry and investments related to clean energy.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security is seeking faculty, graduate students and undergraduate students for summer 2016 research programs
Nov. 19, 2015 - The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is seeking faculty, undergraduate and graduate students interested in participating in one of its 10-week research programs in summer 2016.
Nuclear Engineering Science Laboratory Synthesis program accepting applications for spring, summer 2016
Nov. 11, 2015 - The Nuclear Engineering Science Laboratory Synthesis (NESLS) program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, which is geared toward students working in nuclear engineering and science, is now accepting applications for spring and summer 2016.
DOE Building Technologies Office seeks science and engineering graduate students for 2016-2017 pilot program to research building to grid integration
Nov. 9, 2015 - The Department of Energy’s Building Technologies Office is seeking graduate students interested in exploring energy systems of buildings and how building assets or functions can integrate and transact with the energy grid supplying the building’s energy.
Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship Program accepting applications for 2016-2017 fellowship year
Oct. 7, 2015 - The Albert Einstein Distinguished Education Fellowship Program provides a unique opportunity for accomplished K-12 science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) educators to serve 11 months in a Federal agency or U.S. Congressional office.
ORISE report shows nuclear engineering graduation rates leveling off in 2014 after five years of increase
July 31, 2015 - The number of college students graduating in nuclear engineering has flattened after five years of increases, according to a report by the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education that surveyed 35 U.S. universities with nuclear engineering programs.
Follow ORISE on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr
Stay in the know about ORISE news and happenings by following us on various social media outlets.
Twitter: Follow us at http://twitter.com/ORISEConnect or add us to your follow list using @ORISEConnect.
Facebook: You can keep up with the latest ORISE news on Facebook. Be sure to click the “Like” button when you visit ORISE on Facebook.
YouTube: Check out our video collection, share them with friends, or leave comments on ones you like on the ORISE YouTube channel.
Flickr: Browse a collection of ORISE event and program photos that are available for viewing on the ORAU-ORISE Flickr gallery. Please note that if you republish these images, credit must be given to the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education.
ORISE Fact Sheets
- ORISE Fact Sheet (PDF, 430 KB)
- Environmental Assessments and Health Physics Fact Sheet (PDF, 866 KB)
- Health Communication Fact Sheet (PDF, 340 KB)
- National Security and Emergency Management Fact Sheet (PDF, 600 KB)
- Science Education Fact Sheet (PDF, 325 KB)
- Scientific Peer Review Fact Sheet (PDF, 270 KB)
- Worker Health Studies Fact Sheet (PDF, 315 KB)
Communications Specialist, Communications
ORISE in the News
- Nuclear’s future still hard to interpret (Knoxnews.com Apr 9 2014)
- Tick Disease Expert (Tennessee Alumnus Magazine April 2014)
- ORAU-managed beryllium lab has zero test errors in 2013 (Oak Ridge Today Apr 8 2014)
- Mixed bag on future health physicists (KnoxBlogs.com Apr 6 2014)
- Error free in 2013 (KnoxBlogs.com Apr 6 2014)
- ORAU PeerNet used to support DOE’s Enrico Fermi Award selection (Oak Ridge Today Feb 16 2014)
- ORAU PeerNet® used to support DOE’s Office of Science Enrico Fermi Award selection (Yahoo! Finance Feb 5 2014)