About MSIPP Internships
The Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Program (MSIPP) Internships is a program to promote the education and development of the next generation workforce in critical science, engineering, technology, and math (STEM) related disciplines that compliment current and future missions of DOE national laboratories.
The MSIPP Internships program is designed to provide an enhanced training environment for next generation scientists and engineers by exposing them to research challenges unique to our industry.
MSIPP Interns will be given the opportunity to complete Summer Internships aligned with ongoing U.S. Department of Energy Office of Environmental Management (DOE-EM) research under the direction of a host national laboratory. The internship will be performed at the host national laboratory, utilizing their facilities and equipment under the guidance of a senior research staff member.
To be eligible for a MSIPP Internship, the candidate must:
- Be working toward a degree in STEM (Science, technology, engineering, or mathematics)
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited Minority Serving Institution (MSI)
- Have a minimum undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be a US citizen
- Pass a drug test upon selection
Minority Serving Institutions are institutions of higher education enrolling populations with significant percentages of undergraduate minority students. View the Approved MSI Schools List.
The program is 10 weeks in duration, starting May 21, 2018. Start date is flexible based on laboratory and candidate availability.
- January 12, 2018
- Selections are made on a rolling basis, to increase your chance of being offered an internship, apply early! See individual internship descriptions for additional application details.
Selected candidates will be compensated by either a stipend or salary, and may include one round trip domestic travel to and from the host laboratory. Stipends and salaries will be commensurate with cost of living at the location of the host laboratory. Housing information will be provided to interns prior to arrival at the host laboratory, and will vary from lab to lab.
Only completed and submitted applications will be eligible for consideration. Submit early while all internships are available! Candidates are encouraged to apply to all positions for which they are qualified and interested!