Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program (CSEPP) Training
The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) works closely with the Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program (CSEPP)—a partnership between the U.S. Army, which serves as custodian to the U.S. chemical stockpile, and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security—to provide the most effective industry practices for emergency public information and emergency preparedness issues.
Through CSEPP, communities surrounding the six chemical stockpile sites have enhanced their abilities to respond in the unlikely event of a chemical agent emergency. The CSEPP Public Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Course offers technical instruction and hands-on exercises using the latest in cost-effective technology for communicating and collaborating during an emergency.
Topics and techniques covered include:
- Using the latest social media applications to provide more accurate situational awareness and to reach a larger audience
- Developing, editing and posting emergency response related video for just-in-time training or public information
- Applying Internet-based technology (cloud computing) to emergency response functions for a more complete operating picture
The CSEPP Public Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Course will be beneficial for those involved in public affairs, public information, first response, planning and technical response.
Basic CSEPP Public Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Course
The Basic CSEPP Public Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Course offers a solid foundation in the latest communication and collaboration technology tools and how they relate to CSEPP emergency response. This training provides hands-on interaction with the following tools:
- Social media: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Google apps
- Mobile technology and applications
- Video development and production using Windows® Movie Maker
Advanced CSEPP Public Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Course
The Advanced CSEPP Public Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Course challenges participants to apply advanced instruction and hands-on experience with the latest technology to their specific, functional response position. The course provides:
- Practical application of social media tools during emergency response
- Functional use of emergency response related video
- Engagement in a virtual tabletop exercise
Visit the CSEPP Training website for more information and tools, including research reports, training materials, planning guidance and software that offer the most effective industry practices for emergency public information and preparedness issues.
Follow CSEPP Training on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube:
Twitter: Follow us on Twitter @CSEPPTraining.
Facebook: Like us on Facebook.
YouTube: Watch CSEPP videos on YouTube.
For more information, contact:
1800 S. Bell Street
Arlington, VA 20598-3025
CSEPP Exercise Manager
P.O. Box 117, MS-11
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-0117