Skip to main content
- A stipend of $1,200 per week will be paid during the 10-week internship period.
- Stipend payments will be made every two weeks via electronic funds transfer into the participants’ financial account. A stipend payment schedule will be provided.
- Transportation expenses up to $2,000 for authorized expenses for travel in excess of 50 miles from the participant’s current address to the address of the hosting facility.
- Up to $100 of travel reimbursement allowance may be used to cover baggage fees and/or shipping expenses.
- ORISE will manage all travel requirements for participants. Travel arrangements will be made by SAWD Travel. Please contact them at SAWDTravel@orau.org. Participants will be responsible for any changes made to the itinerary after the ticket has been issued.
- If the participant is driving to the hosting facility, the participant will be reimbursed for actual mileage up to $2,000 for inbound and outbound trips.
- Local transportation to/from the housing location to the internship location is not authorized.
- If offered by the hosting facility, participants may accept travel and housing allowances to cover expenses not covered by the NSF Internship Program.
- Contact you mentor with question regarding support for housing.