Dress for most Oak Ridge National Laboratory research participants is casual with appropriate laboratory/field apparel and footwear. Contact your mentor for suggestions or requirements within your assigned group.
Here are some helpful tips when selecting your wardrobe:
- Dress appropriately each day – Many high-level state and federal officials make visits to the Laboratory.
- A nice shirt/jeans/athletic shoes are always a safe option.
- Graphic t-shirts and shorts are discouraged.
- Open-toed shoes are not permitted in some labs.
- Be cognizant of loose clothing and/or hair to avoid lab accidents
- Bring a business or business casual outfit for presentations and/or poster presentations.
Examples of appropriate attire for ORNL research participants.