ATTENTION: Due to health and safety concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic, Oak Ridge National Laboratory has temporarily suspended new internship and research associate appointments for most programs. The suspension does not affect the U.S. Department of Energy’s Community College Internships (CCI) and Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) programs, which are continuing to offer some virtual appointments. Learn more here.
To be considered for the Post-Master’s Research Participation Program, applicants must apply to one or more specific positions. Available opportunities for post-master’s candidates are listed on the ORNL Post-Master’s Research Participation Program page. The list of open positions is also available within the electronic application.
The electronic application can be completed at one sitting, or completed and saved in parts. However, once you are finished, you must click the “Submit” button in order to officially file the application. After you have hit the “Submit” button, you will be able to view your application, but you will no longer be able to change it. Read all instructions before attempting to complete the application.
Components of a Complete Application
A complete application consists of:
- A completed electronic application form which includes the submission of:
- Publication List
- Statement of Research
- Three references from persons familiar with your professional qualifications; include your dissertation advisor as one of the three. The mechanism for notifying your references is included in the application itself.
Additional Information about Applications
- The complete application and supporting materials will be available to ORNL for review. Disclosure of such information is made subject to Public Law 93-579 (Privacy Act of 1974) and the U.S. Department of Energy regulations as published in the Federal Register on September 30, 1977.
- Incomplete applications may not be considered.
- Additional information may be required if an appointment/employment is offered.
- Applications may be submitted throughout the year, and appointments may begin at any time.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Transcripts are not needed to apply, but may be requested during the review process. All transcripts must be certified and translated into English. If requested, you should arrange for transcripts to be sent directly from your academic institutions to:
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
One Bethel Valley Road
Building 5100, MS-6173
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6173
Attn: Bonnie DeJarnette