ATTENTION: Due to health and safety concerns over the COVID-19 outbreak, Oak Ridge National Laboratory has temporarily suspended all new internship and research associate appointments. Learn more here.
The Post-Bachelor’s Research Associate Program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory is highly selective and offers challenging opportunities to recent recipients of bachelor’s degrees to conduct research in areas that support ORNL missions in the basic and applied sciences, energy, and environment.
The emphasis on a research mentoring approach allows program appointees to become integral members of ORNL research and development teams. They gain exposure to current national issues in science and technology, have opportunities to share and exchange innovative ideas and techniques, and make significant contributions to ORNL programs. The interaction of ideas, skills, approaches, and technologies is of mutual benefit to the participant and ORNL.
- Applicants should be recent bachelor’s degree recipients or should expect to complete all requirements before starting their appointments.
- Applicants who have already finished their bachelor’s degree must be within three years of graduation at the time of application.
- Meet any additional requirements listed within each posting.
- No citizenship requirement.
All positions are available through the Post-Bachelor’s Research Associate Program. To read a full description of each position, click the Position name. The full description includes information on how to apply for the position online.
Research participants in the Post-Bachelor’s Research Associate Program are considered full-time temporary employees of ORAU, and as such are entitled to the following employee benefits:
- Contributory health insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Basic life insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Flexible benefit 125 accounts
- Supplemental retirement plan—403(b)
- Leave benefits
- Professional membership program (if eligible)
- Educational assistance (if eligible)