Oak Ridge National Laboratory participates in the Department of Energy Community College Internships (CCI). The program is sponsored and managed by the DOE Office of Science’s Office of Workforce Development for Teachers and Scientists (WDTS) in collaboration with the DOE national laboratories. The program seeks to encourage community college students to enter technical careers relevant to the DOE mission by providing 10-week internships at a DOE laboratory.
- Applications are solicited for the fall, spring, and summer terms.
- $500/week stipend, prorated for fall/spring terms.
- Current full-time student at a community college or accredited two-year college
- Completed at least one semester at the time of application
- Have completed at least six credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology course areas, and completed at least 12 credits hours toward a degree
- Undergraduate cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Be 18 years or older prior to the start of the internship
- Be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident at the time of application
- Limited to no more than two internships
- Have medical insurance during their time at the laboratory
- Complete full program
- 40 hours per week for 10 weeks during the summer terms
- 25 hours per week for 16 weeks during fall/spring terms