For PhD students and recent PhD graduates, one of the perks of being a member of the ORISE community is the opportunity to take advantage of a complimentary five-year membership to the National Postdoc Association (NPA). The NPA is a prestigious professional organization that provides a unique, national voice for postdoctoral scholars. Membership in this association includes access to the following:
- Professional toolkits
- Career Planning Resources
- Educational Programs and Webinars
- Reduced registration fees to the NPA Annual Conference
- NPA member groups to help you connect and network with others in your field
- Opportunities to serve on NPA committees
- Voting rights in all NPA elections
- National representation on postdoctoral issues
- Subscription to NPA periodic e-alerts and The POSTDOCket, the NPA’s monthly newsletter
- The NPA Career Center
For more information about the NPA or the benefits of NPA membership, please visit http://www.nationalpostdoc.org.
If you are a current ORISE participant, are a current PhD student or recent PhD graduate, and are interested in activating your free NPA membership, send an email to ORISENPA@orau.org providing your 1) Full Name; 2) Email Address; 3) ORISE/ORAU Sponsor and Program Name; 4) Program Location (city and state); 5) your doctorate Field of Study; and 6) the Name of the School from which you have received or will be receiving your doctorate.