K-12 STEM Lesson Plan Competition - Extreme Weather Edition
Deadline: on or before 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday, Oct. 30, 2017
Recent extreme weather events have shaken our world: hurricanes, tornadoes, wildfires and flooding. We want to know how educators are integrating current extreme weather events into classroom lessons.
Example ideas: the economic impacts of extreme weather, forecasting weather events, effects of extreme weather on nature and people, and climate and atmospheric science.
Three grand prize winners will receive an iPad and class set of Plickers!
Details about the competition:
- Submit your extreme weather lesson plan to K12@orau.org on or before 5 p.m. Eastern Time Zone on Oct. 30, 2017.
- Include all lesson plan resources and attachments: standards, background information, worksheets, answer sheets, etc. Include your name, the lesson title, lesson grade level, and name of your school.
- Please note that lesson plans submitted for the competition may be shared with other educators our website. Plans submitted are subject to revision and edits by ORISE staff before they are shared on the ORISE website.
- We will sort lesson plans by grade band (K-5, 6-8, 9-12) and judge them using a rubric.
- We will award three grand prizes, one per grade band.
- The three grand prize winners will be announced in December 2017.
Thank you for helping us build our lesson plan library!
View the current lesson plan library.
Visit our ORISE Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates on the competition and information about additional prize giveaways.