All I want for Christmas is a drone!
Deadline: on or before 8 p.m. Eastern Time, Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017
STUDENTS! This is your chance to get creative so that you can win a Flip Flop Stunt Drone! The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) is looking for students like YOU to describe a science topic and use technology to present your ideas. If you think you can meet the challenge and want the chance to win a drone for Christmas, enter this All I Want for Christmas is a Drone contest!
- You must be 12 years old or older.
- Your science topic should be grade appropriate.
- Your science topic must relate to drones.
- You have to use a form of technology or multimedia to present your chosen topic.
- A short PowerPoint presentation about the renewable and nonrenewable parts of the drone.
- A short video describing the forces acting on a drone as it flies though the sky.
- A programmed simulation explaining how gravity pulls the drone to the ground towards the center of the Earth.
How to Enter
To enter the contest, complete the form at submission form and attach your file. Make sure you include your parent or guardian’s contact information so we can get their permission to post your file on our website. The deadline for the contest is 8 p.m. EST on Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017.
FIVE winners will be chosen based on creativity, how well you described the science topic, if the topic is grade appropriate, and if you used technology. The five winners will be announced on Dec. 15, 2017, and a drone will be mailed to the winners before Christmas Day!
Enter the contest today and win your drone!
Visit our ORISE Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates on the competition!