Illness and injury surveillance, radiation exposure, and epidemiologic reports produced by ORISE
The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) produces a variety of epidemiologic, health surveillance and radiation exposure reports for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and other government agencies. These reports often fulfill agency requests for customized data, or support the routine review of health assessment programs.
A list of ORISE reports focused on occupational exposure and worker health can be found below.
Illness and Injury Surveillance Reports
- DOE Illness and Injury Surveillance Program (IISP) reports
- Reports summarizing the results of epidemiologic surveillance for occupational health issues at 14 DOE sites.
Radiation Exposure Reports
- DOE Radiation Exposure Monitoring System (REMS) reports
- Occupational radiation exposure reports (available in PDF format) since 1992 with analysis of data and trends in data.
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Radiation Exposure Information and Reporting System (REIRS) reports
- Annual reports since 1995 (available in PDF format).
The files below are in PDF format and can be viewed with the Adobe Reader plug-in. A free copy may be downloaded from the Adobe website.
- Poisson Regression Analysis of Illness and Injury Surveillance Data, December 2012 (PDF)
- Technical Report: Health Surveillance of Rocky Flats Radiation Workers, April 2006 (PDF)
- Technical Basis Document for the Neutron Dose Reconstruction Project - Neutron Dose Reconstruction Protocol, February 2005 (PDF)
- Aldrich, J.M., N.M. Daugherty, D.L. Cragle, E.D. Ellis, R.B. Falk, J. Follmer, F.J. Furman, D.J. Girardi, D. Hilmas, J.P. Watkins, and S.M. Wells. Final Report - Former Radiation Worker Medical Surveillance Program at Rocky Flats for Department of Energy Programs, 2004 (PDF)
- Mortality Among Workers at the Savannah River Nuclear Fuels Production Facility, 1998 (PDF)
- Adjusting External Doses from the ORNL and Y-12 Facilities for the Oak Ridge Nuclear Facilities Mortality Study, 1994 (PDF)
- Data Collection, Validation, and Description for the Oak Ridge Nuclear Facilities Mortality Study, 1993 (PDF)
- Collection and Verification of Data for Matched Records From U.S. Cancer and HIV/AIDS Registries (PDF)
- Historical Evaluation of the Film Badge Dosimetry Program at the Y-12 Facility in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, Part 1-Gamma Radiation
- Historical Evaluation of the Film Badge Dosimetry Program at the Y-12 Facility in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, Part 2-Neutron Radiation (PDF)
- External Radiation Monitoring at the Y-12 Facility During the 1948-1949 Period