How to Apply
The ARS Research Participation Program does NOT have application deadlines; applications are accepted for each position until position is filled.
To apply, select the opportunity of interest in Current Opportunities. Click on "Apply For This Opportunity" and you will be directed to the opportunity details on Zintellect, an online application system, where you will complete an application and upload necessary documents. All application components must be received in the system in order to be considered.
In order to apply for an opportunity, you must complete a profile in Zintellect. The profile consists of questions that are common across all opportunities.
The application includes questions specific to the opportunity. You will also be able to customize your references, resumes, and responses based on each opportunity. If you are submitting applications to more than one opportunity, your responses to the application questions should be specific to the opportunity for which you are applying.
Résumé or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
The résumé or CV should include academic history, employment history, relevant experiences and publications list.
An unofficial transcript or copy of the student academic records printed by the applicant or by academic advisors from internal institution systems may be submitted. Applicants selected for an appointment must provide proof of completion of the degree before the appointment can begin. Proof of the degree must be sent to ORISE directly from the academic institution including graduation date and degree awarded. Proof may include one of the following:
- Letter from authorized academic department official confirming that you will have completed your degree. Letter must be on university letterhead and include your name and the signature of the authorized official.
- Official transcripts
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Documents sent by email, postal mail, or fax will not be considered.
- Supporting materials must be uploaded as a PDF files to ensure the document can be searched by Zintellect’s search engine. Scanned items are not optimal for search engines. PDF must not require special certificates or passwords to open. Maximum file size is 10MB.
- All documents must be in English or include an official English translation.
While participants will not enter into an employment relationship with USDA, ARS or any other agency, this position may require a pre-employment check and a full background investigation. Any offer made is considered tentative, pending favorable outcome of the pre-employment check.