Welcome to the Intelligence Community Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program
The Intelligence Community (IC) Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program (IC Postdoc Program) was established in 2000 to support unclassified basic research in areas of interest to the IC. Funded primarily by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), the Program annually supports several Postdoctoral Fellows (Postdocs) from U.S. accredited colleges, universities, and U.S. Government laboratories across the country.
In collaboration with Research Advisors, Postdocs develop and submit technical research proposals that align with research opportunities proposed by the IC community. The research is conducted by the Postdocs while working in partnership with the Research Advisor, and collaborating with an advisor from the Intelligence Community (IC Advisor).
Participants in the IC Postdoc Program have achieved numerous significant accomplishments, including:
- More than 450 articles in peer-reviewed journals
- They publish in prestigious journals such as Nature, Science, The Journal of American Chemical Society and Physics Today.
- Recognized by Forbes List of “30 under 30” in Manufacturing & Industry (2015)
- Former IC Postdoctoral Fellows have won prestigious awards such as IEEE Intelligent Systems’ Top Ten, Science’s Top 10 breakthroughs, Presidential Early Awards for Scientists and Engineers.
- An IC Postdoc Fellow recently received a Fulbright from their extraordinary research while in the program. (2018)
Postdocs who have completed their Ph.D. within the last 5 years are invited to apply.