The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents provides basic information needed for the medical management of those involved in radiation incidents in an easy-to-understand manner.
Some of the topics discussed in The Medical Aspects of Radiation Incidents include:
- Basic health physics and dose estimation (US and SI units)
- Treatment of whole body and acute local radiological illnesses and injuries
- Assessment and treatment of internal contamination with radioactive materials
- Patient decontamination
- Delayed effects of exposure to ionizing radiation
- Risk and psychological issues