Technical reports and peer-reviewed research cover worker health topics
Resources produced by the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) consist of technical reports, peer-reviewed journal articles and reports prepared by the ORISE Center for Epidemiologic Research. Additionally, the following articles have been recently published by ORISE researchers. These articles represent a subset of ORISE occupational exposure and worker health publications. A complete list of published articles, papers, chapters and abstracts of presented papers can be obtained upon request.
- J. D. Boice, Jr., E. Ellis, A. Golden, D. Girardi, S. Cohen, H. Chen, M. Mumma, R. Shore, E. Roy, R. Leggett. 2018. The Past Informs the Future: An Overview of the Million Worker Study and the Mallinckrodt Chemical Works Cohort. Health Physics.
- E. Ellis, J. D. Boice, Jr., A. Golden, D. Girardi, S. Cohen, H. Chen, M. Mumma, R. Shore, E. Roy, R. Leggett, G. Kerr. 2018. Dosimetry is Key to Good Epidemiology: Workers at Mallinckrodt Chemical Works had Seven Different Source Exposures. Health Physics.
- J. R. Miller, G. C. Petty, P. C. Erwin, D. L. Cragle. 2018. Conceptual Model of the Psychosocial Effects of Beryllium Sensitization and Chronic Beryllium Disease. American Journal of Public Health Research.
- J. R. Miller, G. C. Petty, P. C. Erwin, D. L. Cragle. 2018. Psychosocial Effects of Beryllium Sensitization and Chronic Beryllium Disease. American Journal of Public Health Research.
- J. R. Miller, G. C. Petty, P. C. Erwin, D. L. Cragle. 2018. Measuring the Psychosocial Effects of Beryllium Sensitization and Chronic Beryllium Disease in Current and Retired Workers. American Journal of Public Health Research.
- D. E. Smith, A. Golden, B. Stange, E. Barker, M. Mroz, A. Barón, D. Ghosh, L. Maier, D. Cragle, L. Newman. 2018. Clinical and laboratory factors contributing to uninterpretable beryllium lymphocyte proliferation tests (BeLPT). American Journal of Industrial Medicine.
- N. Dainiak, L. E. Feinendegen, R. N. Hyer, P. A. Locke, A. E. Waltar. 2017. Synergies resulting from a systems biology approach: integrating radiation epidemiology and radiobiology to optimize protection of the public after exposure to low doses of ionizing radiation. International Journal of Radiation Biology.
- M. Barrie, M. Hoover, C. Geraci, J. Baker. 2017. Nanobiomonitoring and Surveillance - Opportunities to Confirm the Protection of Nanomaterial Workers. Synergist.
- A. Golden. 2016. An updated mortality analysis of Mallinckrodt uranium processing workers, 1942-2012. Radiation Research Society Conference on Radiation Health.
- A. Golden, B. Stange, J. McInerney, L. Newman, D. Cragle. 2016. An Exploratory Analysis of Sources of Variation in BeLPT Test Results in the National Supplemental Screening Program, American Public Health Association Annual Meeting.
- J. Davis, G. Nichols, D. Ramsburg. 2016. Uses of Nanotechnology on Surfaces for Military Applications. Homeland Defense and Security Information Analysis Center (HDIAC) 2016 State of the Art Reports.
- B. Stange, J. McInerney, A. Golden, W. Benade, B. Neill, A. Mayer, R. Witter, L. Tenney, K. Stinson, D. Cragle, L. S. Newman. 2015. Integrated Approach to Health Screenings of Former Department of Energy Workers Detects Both Occupational and Non-occupational Illness. American Journal of Industrial Medicine.
- J. D. Boice Jr, S. S. Cohen, M. T. Mumma, E. D. Ellis, D. L. Cragle, K. F. Eckerman, P. W. Wallace, B. Chadda, J. S. Sonderman, L. D. Wiggs, B. S. Richter, R. W. Leggett. 2014. Mortality Among Mound Workers Exposed to Polonium-210 and Other Sources of Radiation, 1944-1979. Radiation Research 181:208-228.
- G. P. Nichols, D. L. Cragle, J. G. Benitez. 2014. Medical Screening After a Coal Fly Ash Spill in Roane County, Tennessee. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness.
- B. S. Richter, J. P. Watkins, E. D. Ellis, D. L. Cragle, D. J. Girardi. 2014. Illness Absences Among Beryllium Sensitized Workers. American Journal of Public Health.
- E. D. Ellis, J. Watkins, W. Tankersley, J. Phillips, D. Girardi. 2013. Occupational Exposure and Mortality Among Workers at Three Titanium Dioxide Plants. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 56:282-291.
- M. W. Van Dyke, J. W. Martyny, M. M. Mroz, L. J. Silveira, M. Strand, D. L. Cragle, W G. Tankersley, S. M. Wells, L. S. Newman, L. A. Maier. 2011. Exposure and Genetics Increase Risk of Beryllium Sensitisation and Chronic Beryllium Disease in the Nuclear Weapons Industry. Occupational and Environmental Medicine 68:842-848.
- J. D. Boice, S. S. Cohen, M. T. Mumma, E. D. Ellis, K. F. Eckerman, R. W. Legett, B. B. Boecker, A. B. Brill, B. Henderson. 2011. Updated Mortality Analysis of Radiation Workers at Rocketdyne (Atomics International), 1948-2008. Radiation Research 176:244-258.
- E. D. Ellis, J. Watkins, W. Tankersley, J. Phillips, D. Girardi. 2010. Mortality Among Titanium Dioxide Workers at Three DuPont Plants. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 52(3):303-309.
- M. Tirmarche, J. D. Harrison, F. Pacquet, M. Blettner, D. Laurier, N. Shilnikova, E. Blanchondon, J. F. Lecomte, M. Sokolnikov, E. Ellis, J. W. Marsh. 2010. Assessment and Control of Lung Cancer Risk from Radon. Annals of the ICRP.