Technical reports and peer-reviewed research cover worker health topics
Resources produced by the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) consist of technical reports, peer-reviewed journal articles and reports prepared by the ORISE Center for Epidemiologic Research. Additionally, the following articles have been recently published by ORISE researchers. These articles represent a subset of ORISE occupational exposure and worker health publications. A complete list of published articles, papers, chapters and abstracts of presented papers can be obtained upon request.
- Boice JD Jr, Ellis ED, Golden AP, Zablotska LB, Mumma MT, Cohen SS. 2019 Jan 7:1-12. Sex-specific lung cancer risk among radiation workers in the million-person study and patients TB-Fluoroscopy. International Journal of Radiation Biology. doi: 10.1080/09553002.2018.1547441.
- Golden AP, Ellis ED, Cohen SS, Mumma MT, Leggett RW, Wallace PW, Girardi D, Watkins JP, Shore RE, Boice JD Jr. 2019 Jan 17:1-56. Updated mortality analysis of the Mallinckrodt uranium processing workers, 1942-2012. International Journal of Radiation Biology. doi: 10.1080/09553002.2019.1569773.
- Cohen SS, Mumma MT, Dupree Ellis E, Boice JD Jr. 2018 Nov 19:1-10. Validating the Use of Census Data on Education as a Measure of Socioeconomic Status in an Occupational Cohort. International Journal of Radiation Biology. doi: 10.1080/09553002.2018.1549758.
- Dauer LT, Bouville A, Toohey RE, Boice JD Jr, Beck HL, Eckerman KF, Hagemeyer D, Leggett RW, Mumma MT, Napier B, Pryor KH, Rosenstein M, Schauer DA, Sherbini S, Stram DO, Thompson JL, Till JE, Yoder RC, Zeitlin C. 2018 Nov 19:1-10. Dosimetry and uncertainty approaches for the million person study of low-dose radiation health effects: overview of the recommendations in NCRP Report No. 178. International Journal of Radiation Biology. 10.1080/09553002.2018.1536299.
- Ellis ED, Girardi D, Golden AP, Wallace PW, Phillips J, Cragle DL. 2018 Nov 29:1-23. Historical perspective on the Department of Energy mortality studies: Focus on the collection and storage of individual worker data. International Journal of Radiation Biology. doi: 10.1080/09553002.2018.1547851.
- Golden AP, Cohen SS, Chen H, Ellis ED, Boice JD Jr. 2018 Nov 30:1-26. Evaluation of statistical modeling approaches for epidemiologic studies of low dose radiation health effects. International Journal of Radiation Biology. doi: 10.1080/09553002.2018.1554924.
- Hagemeyer D, Nichols G, Mumma MT, Boice JD, Brock TA. 2018 Oct 25:1-4. 50 Years of the Radiation Exposure Information and Reporting System. International Journal of Radiation Biology. doi: 10.1080/09553002.2018.1540896.
- Mumma MT, Cohen SS, Sirko JL, Ellis ED, Boice JD Jr. 2018 Nov 9:1-21. Obtaining Vital Status and Cause of Death on a Million Persons. International Journal of Radiation Biology. doi: 10.1080/09553002.2018.1539884.
- P. McCloskey. 2018. Responding to Radiation/Nuclear Emergencies. Department of Defense Considerations for Disaster Response: State of the Art Report, 107. Retrieved from Homeland Defense Information and Analysis Center.
- J. D. Boice, Jr., E. Ellis, A. Golden, D. Girardi, S. Cohen, H. Chen, M. Mumma, R. Shore, E. Roy, R. Leggett. 2018. The Past Informs the Future: An Overview of the Million Worker Study and the Mallinckrodt Chemical Works Cohort. Health Physics.
- E. Ellis, J. D. Boice, Jr., A. Golden, D. Girardi, S. Cohen, H. Chen, M. Mumma, R. Shore, E. Roy, R. Leggett, G. Kerr. 2018. Dosimetry is Key to Good Epidemiology: Workers at Mallinckrodt Chemical Works had Seven Different Source Exposures. Health Physics.
- J. R. Miller, G. C. Petty, P. C. Erwin, D. L. Cragle. 2018. Conceptual Model of the Psychosocial Effects of Beryllium Sensitization and Chronic Beryllium Disease. American Journal of Public Health Research.
- J. R. Miller, G. C. Petty, P. C. Erwin, D. L. Cragle. 2018. Psychosocial Effects of Beryllium Sensitization and Chronic Beryllium Disease. American Journal of Public Health Research.
- J. R. Miller, G. C. Petty, P. C. Erwin, D. L. Cragle. 2018. Measuring the Psychosocial Effects of Beryllium Sensitization and Chronic Beryllium Disease in Current and Retired Workers. American Journal of Public Health Research.
- D. E. Smith, A. Golden, B. Stange, E. Barker, M. Mroz, A. Barón, D. Ghosh, L. Maier, D. Cragle, L. Newman. 2018. Clinical and laboratory factors contributing to uninterpretable beryllium lymphocyte proliferation tests (BeLPT). American Journal of Industrial Medicine.
- N. Dainiak, L. E. Feinendegen, R. N. Hyer, P. A. Locke, A. E. Waltar. 2017. Synergies resulting from a systems biology approach: integrating radiation epidemiology and radiobiology to optimize protection of the public after exposure to low doses of ionizing radiation. International Journal of Radiation Biology.
- M. Barrie, M. Hoover, C. Geraci, J. Baker. 2017. Nanobiomonitoring and Surveillance - Opportunities to Confirm the Protection of Nanomaterial Workers. Synergist.
- A. Golden. 2016. An updated mortality analysis of Mallinckrodt uranium processing workers, 1942-2012. Radiation Research Society Conference on Radiation Health.
- A. Golden, B. Stange, J. McInerney, L. Newman, D. Cragle. 2016. An Exploratory Analysis of Sources of Variation in BeLPT Test Results in the National Supplemental Screening Program, American Public Health Association Annual Meeting.
- J. Davis, G. Nichols, D. Ramsburg. 2016. Uses of Nanotechnology on Surfaces for Military Applications. Homeland Defense and Security Information Analysis Center (HDIAC) 2016 State of the Art Reports.
- B. Stange, J. McInerney, A. Golden, W. Benade, B. Neill, A. Mayer, R. Witter, L. Tenney, K. Stinson, D. Cragle, L. S. Newman. 2015. Integrated Approach to Health Screenings of Former Department of Energy Workers Detects Both Occupational and Non-occupational Illness. American Journal of Industrial Medicine.
- J. D. Boice Jr, S. S. Cohen, M. T. Mumma, E. D. Ellis, D. L. Cragle, K. F. Eckerman, P. W. Wallace, B. Chadda, J. S. Sonderman, L. D. Wiggs, B. S. Richter, R. W. Leggett. 2014. Mortality Among Mound Workers Exposed to Polonium-210 and Other Sources of Radiation, 1944-1979. Radiation Research 181:208-228.
- G. P. Nichols, D. L. Cragle, J. G. Benitez. 2014. Medical Screening After a Coal Fly Ash Spill in Roane County, Tennessee. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness.
- B. S. Richter, J. P. Watkins, E. D. Ellis, D. L. Cragle, D. J. Girardi. 2014. Illness Absences Among Beryllium Sensitized Workers. American Journal of Public Health.
- E. D. Ellis, J. Watkins, W. Tankersley, J. Phillips, D. Girardi. 2013. Occupational Exposure and Mortality Among Workers at Three Titanium Dioxide Plants. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 56:282-291.
- M. W. Van Dyke, J. W. Martyny, M. M. Mroz, L. J. Silveira, M. Strand, D. L. Cragle, W G. Tankersley, S. M. Wells, L. S. Newman, L. A. Maier. 2011. Exposure and Genetics Increase Risk of Beryllium Sensitisation and Chronic Beryllium Disease in the Nuclear Weapons Industry. Occupational and Environmental Medicine 68:842-848.
- J. D. Boice, S. S. Cohen, M. T. Mumma, E. D. Ellis, K. F. Eckerman, R. W. Legett, B. B. Boecker, A. B. Brill, B. Henderson. 2011. Updated Mortality Analysis of Radiation Workers at Rocketdyne (Atomics International), 1948-2008. Radiation Research 176:244-258.
- E. D. Ellis, J. Watkins, W. Tankersley, J. Phillips, D. Girardi. 2010. Mortality Among Titanium Dioxide Workers at Three DuPont Plants. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 52(3):303-309.
- M. Tirmarche, J. D. Harrison, F. Pacquet, M. Blettner, D. Laurier, N. Shilnikova, E. Blanchondon, J. F. Lecomte, M. Sokolnikov, E. Ellis, J. W. Marsh. 2010. Assessment and Control of Lung Cancer Risk from Radon. Annals of the ICRP.