The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education is a U.S. Department of Energy asset that is dedicated to enabling critical scientific, research, and health initiatives of the department and its laboratory system by providing world class expertise in STEM workforce development, scientific and technical reviews, and the evaluation of radiation exposure and environmental contamination.
ORISE accomplishes its mission by providing superior, integrated solutions to:
- Recruit and prepare the next generation of our nation’s scientific workforce
- Promote sound scientific and technical investment decisions through independent peer reviews
- Facilitate and prepare for the medical management of radiation incidents in the United States and abroad
- Evaluate health outcomes in individuals exposed to chemical and radiological hazards
- Ensure public confidence in environmental cleanup through independent environmental assessments