What is the DOE Scholars Program?
The DOE Scholars Program is designed to provide opportunities and attract talented undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates to appointments that are carefully designed to help prepare participants towards the full range of entry and mid-level research, technical and professional positions within DOE and organizations that support the DOE mission. DOE Scholars Program will introduce highly qualified students and postgraduates to DOE missions, functions, and operations
As a result, you will:
- Gain insight and experience on DOE’s mission, culture and operations.
- Showcase your education, talent and skills while contributing to the DOE’s mission and operations.
- Enhance your preparedness for scientific, technological and policy related-careers.
- Become part of a skilled workforce for the future that will benefit both the DOE and the overall global competitiveness of the nation.
The mission of the U.S. Department of Energy “is to ensure America’s security and prosperity by addressing its energy, environmental and nuclear challenges through transformative science and technology solutions.” With a mission focused on discovering solutions to power and to secure America’s future, the DOE is committed to:
- Science and Innovation
- Energy Sources
- Clean Energy
- Energy Efficiency
- Artificial Intelligence
- Climate Change
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Energy Economy
- Security and Safety
- Environmental Cleanup
- Emergency Response
- Management and Operational Excellence
Learn More: https://www.energy.gov/mission
"What I benefited from this experience was much more than the paychecks, or D.C traffic, scenery, and restaurants, but all the challenges, people, places, inspiration this journey brought to me. I surely will never forget it.”
“This experience has dramatically increased my interested in working for a governmental department in the future through the meaningful and enjoyable work I was able to engage in over the summer period.”
“This position has helped provide clarity in the many options available to me in future careers, as well as potential avenues for graduate school.”