- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Meet one of the following conditions:
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited institution of higher education.
- Have completed an undergraduate (B.A., B.S. or equivalent) or graduate (M.S., DVM, Ph.D., or equivalent) degree within five years of the intended start date.
- Be a U.S. military Veteran who has been honorably discharged and/or who has been medically discharged because of a service-connected disability and who received a college degree in an appropriate discipline within ten years of the desired start date.
- Have completed a qualifying certificate program within one year of the desired start date. The qualifying certificate program must be offered by an accredited academic institution; must require a minimum of 30 semester credit hours or the equivalent; must be in an appropriate science, technology, engineering, or math discipline; and should be related to or complement a prior degree earned (bachelor’s degree or higher).
- Must be pursuing a degree or have a degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) discipline or field that supports the DOE mission.
The DOE Scholars Program main competition opens in Fall. Additional opportunities may be offered during the year to accommodate the needs and schedule of individual sponsoring offices. These opportunities may have different eligibility requirements. To qualify for an opportunity, you must meet the eligibility requirements detailed for the opportunity in Zintellect.