This ORISE Event Attendee Code of Conduct (“Code of Conduct”) applies at all ORISE live and virtual meetings, conferences, forums, and meeting-related events, including those sponsored by ORISE or in conjunction with other organizations.
ORISE encourages participation in its hosted events (“ORISE Events”) so that attendees may learn more about the ORISE experience; identify internship and fellowship opportunities; obtain information on the application and selection process; and connect with peers, ORISE staff, mentors and sponsoring agencies, and the STEM community. ORISE Events encourage the open exchange of ideas and expression and require an environment that recognizes the inherent worth of every person and group. ORISE is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for all our ORISE Event attendees.
This Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by ORISE and the terms are non-negotiable. Your registration for or attendance at any ORISE Event, whether it is held in-person or virtually, indicates your agreement to abide by this Code of Conduct.
- We encourage constructive, respectful, collaborative, and thought-provoking discussions, comments, questions, and actions. All such communications and actions must relate to the purpose of the ORISE Event.
- All ORISE staff members, invitees, vendors, and fellow attendees at ORISE Events should be treated with respect and consideration.
- At all times during meetings and events, the specific rules and policies of the meeting, event, venue, hotel, or contracted facilities shall be respected in their entirety.
- Honest and professional questions or comments related to the ORISE experience, culture, or community are encouraged and will not be rejected as long as they follow the guidelines as stated.
- ORISE may request that you send your comments and contact information to a specific email address or ask for your contact information for follow-up after the conclusion of the session to discuss your questions or concerns and/or fully review and address your request. Please allow time for an adequate response.
- Please note that comments, questions, statements, or images in public live or virtual forums should not reveal personal information (e.g. names, contact information, citizenship, specific financial data, etc.) about yourself or others.
- ORISE or related speakers and sponsors may photograph, videotape, or obtain audio or visual files representing your image, likeness, thoughts, or opinions and will maintain all rights to these images and other files. ORISE may use, at our sole discretion and for a period of time determined by us, in future materials promoting ORISE and its programs. Attendees provide consent by registering, joining, and continuing in the virtual event and agree to these terms and conditions.
- Comments or questions posted by a non-ORISE representative at an ORISE live or virtual event are solely the responsibility of the commenter, are not edited by ORISE for accuracy, and do not reflect the views or opinions of ORISE.
- ORISE Events platforms will not be used as a forum for personal or professional attacks against any individual or any organization. Personal and/professional attacks include, but are not limited to, the use of culturally, racially, gender, religious, or other insensitive, discriminatory, or threatening language, images, links, and/or comments regarding any specific person, class, or status or any company, organization, or government agency.
- Abusive, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, profane, intimidating, or harassing language, behavior, or speech will not be tolerated.
- Attendees shall refrain from posting or sharing:
- Off-topic, disruptive, and/or irrelevant information;
- Proprietary, non-public, secure, trade secret, copyright-protected, or business confidential information;
- Non-related links to products, services, or other organizations; or
- Multiple postings of identical questions, comments, or information.
- Attendees shall refrain from promoting any business; illegal activities; and/or political advocacy.
- Attendees should not make audio or visual recordings, take pictures or make copies, or distribute such pictures or recordings without explicit written permission granted from ORISE.
Consequence of Unacceptable Behavior
If an attendee violates or appears to violate the Code of Conduct, ORISE reserves the right to immediately remove the violating communications from public view, suspend additional communication from the attendee and/or remove the attendee from the ORISE Event. These actions may also result in a temporary or permanent ban from future ORISE Events.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
Any participant that is the subject of unacceptable behavior or witnesses any such behavior please immediately notify an ORISE staff member so that appropriate action can be taken.